11.23.2009

Indian Wedding

The Breakdown

-huge ordeal of 7 hours of straight shooting. and that's just the reception. The whole wedding is over a span of three to four days.

-delicious food and beautiful people with even more beautiful henna and sari (sp?).

-snobby guests with prosumer DSLRs. Do not want! I saw someone shooting with a Nikon D300 and complimented how his camera is better than mine (I was using a backup Nikon D5000 at the time), to which he replied "My lens is more expensive than your camera. Did you know that?" His infuriatingly condescending comment only drives me to make the statement "it's the photographer not the camera" true. Also, he had an external flash on his camera with only an omnibounce and used a zoom lens. If he could afford it and actually knew about image quality he would have had off axis lighting and a prime lens.

-weddings are the graveyards of batteries.

-I look forward to the next one.

-Seriously considering switching to Nikon.

3 comments:

  1. O geez 4 days? I guess you get paid decently well though for first wedding(?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no I didn't get paid =( AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see makeup-Wanjun :P.

    lol. I'd love to meet snobby people like that. Even if you don't like them, I think it's good to encounter different types of people to know how to react, etc. and just for the eye-opening experience sometime.

    Btw, I totally vote blue-green Indian girl eyes as #1 favorite eyes to see/photograph. They're MAGICAL.

    ReplyDelete