11.21.2009

style

This sounds like I'm a narcissist, but recently I have thought a lot about myself and more specifically my expression style. As a writer, my school essays were succinct and perhaps overtly argumentative. As a photographer, I tend to favor tight crops and go straight for head shots instead of full body ones. The rare times when I socialize, I say mean and awkward things that people usually laugh off. I strongly believe I am able to look things in the eye and see them for exactly what they are, but in a negative and cynical light.

There's a Chinese adage that goes 退一步海阔天空, which literally translates to "take a step back, to the vast ocean and the expansive sky", and I aim to keep this in mind from now on. I need to look at the bigger picture, write with more context, photograph environmental portraits, and refrain from disagreeable social behavior.

I wish to become more positive. I want moderation and control and positivity.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment